Pecan and Oat Bran Granola — Gluten-Free
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup golden flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oat bran
- 3/4 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1-4 tablespoons packed light-brown sugar (optional)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (3 if sugar is omitted)
- Preheat oven to 300°. Lightly coat a 9-by- 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Add oats. Bake for 12 minutes, toss halfway through.
- Toss oats. Sprinkle oat bran and flaxseed meal on top of the oats and bake for an additional 6 minutes.
- In a liquid measuring cup or small bowl, stir together apple juice, sugar, and oil. Pour over oat mixture; stir to combine. Return to oven, and bake until oats are nearly dry, about 12-14 minutes. Stir halfway through baking.
- Turn off oven, open the oven door slightly and let the oat mixture cool and dry.
- Once oat mixture is cool, toss with pecans. Transfer to a container with a tight-fitting lid. Store, covered, at room temperature for up to 1 month.
Source: Steve C.