Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
These cookies are based on a favorite recipe my family enjoyed for years. Use Nestle® Toll House® semi-sweet chocolate morsels.
- 1 1/2 cups white rice flour
- 1/3 cup sorghum flour
- 1/4 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons millet flour
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 sticks salted butter softened (1 cup)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 12oz package Nestle® Toll House® semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Sift together salt, flours, corn starch, xanthan gum and baking soda. Set aside.
- Cream butter, sugars, and vanilla together with an electric mixer.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- With mixer running, add flour mixture slowly until combined. No longer than 2 minutes.
- Stir in morsels.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate dough for at least one hour.
- Using two teaspoons, drop heaping spoonfuls of dough 3 inches apart on a baking sheet.
- Bake cookies until edges are browned and cookies are puffed up, about 9-12 minutes. Rotate sheets halfway through.
Note: If your oven runs hot, line cookie sheets with parchment paper to prevent burning.
Note: Increase oat flour 1-2 tablespoons and decrease white rice flour by 1-2 tablespoons for stronger oat flavor. (1/4 cup = 4 tablespoons)
Source: Steve C.