Gluten-free Foods and Recipes
In 2017 I decided to track all of the new recipes I tried.
Steve's Gluten-free Recipes
I’ve tried numerous gluten-free recipes and they just didn’t taste like the recipes I grew up with as a child. I’ve decided to develop my own recipes. Development takes time because I usually bake, eat the results, and then decide if I need to modify the recipe.
- Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Cookies — I could not find a gluten-free chocolate chip cookie that was satisfying. So, I developed my own.
- Pecan, Flax and Oat Bran Granola — Most gluten-free granola is sugary sweet with lots of dried fruit. I created a less sweet granola and included raw pecans.
- Rutabaga, Potato and Quinoa Hash — This unplanned recipe was created on a cold snowy day.
- Banana Bread — This recipe is in the final stages of development. I made an error and added too much flour to the last loaf. It was supposed to be the final loaf before I released the recipe.
- Pumpkin Bread — This recipe is pretty good so far. I may experiment with the flours to make it denser.
- Waffles — I was in the mood for waffles, so I put this recipe together. Buckwheat flour was originally used to add flavor. The taste of buckwheat was a bit strong and was replaced with 1 tablespoon of milder teff flour.