Rutabaga, Potato and Quinoa Hash
- 1 rutabaga
- 4 medium golden potatoes
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1/3 cup uncooked quinoa + 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 vegan bullion cube (optional)
- 8 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter divided
- Preheat over to 400°.
- Peel potatoes and rutabaga. Cut into 1/2 inch cubes. Spread on cookie sheet. Lightly salt and pepper then toss with 2-3 tablespoons olive oil. Bake for 45 minutes tossing halfway through. Remove from oven and set aside.
- While potatoes and rutabaga are baking, prepare the quinoa. Rinse 1/3 cup quinoa in water then bring it to a boil in 2/3 cup water and 1/3 of a Rapunzel vegan seasoning cube. Turn down heat to low and simmer for 10-12 minutes until water is absorbed and quinoa is tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Dice pepper and onion. Heat large skillet over medium heat. Melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add pepper, onion, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook about 5 minutes until onions are translucent and tender. Add potatoes, rutabaga and quinoa to onions and peppers. Toss and heat until warm.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining tablespoon of butter over medium heat in a skillet or on a griddle. Fry eggs over medium. Yolks shouldn't be overcooked and not too runny. Divide potato and rutabaga mixture onto 4 plates. Top each with 2 eggs.
Source: Steve C.